This course provides an overview of what Tanzu Application Platform (TAP) is and describes the problems it aims to solve. It explains the main components that make up the platform, the processes of "Inner Loop" and "Outer Loop" development, and how the components help support those processes.
This course will take you through the steps of installing and configuring a basic installation of Tanzu Application Platform.
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Recall where to find, and be able to use the Tanzu Application Platform documentation
- List the pre-requisites for an installation of Tanzu Application Platform
- Describe the overall installation process
- Obtain and install software from the VMware Tanzu Network
- Practice using some of the Carvel tools and the Tanzu CLI
- Configure and deploy a basic Tanzu Application Platform instance
- Navigate the Tanzu Application Platform web interface
- Perform basic troubleshooting of an installation
- Deploy a simple application on to the installed platform